LEAP provides a variety of supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our programs are successful through building strong relationships of trust, valuing the individuality of each situation and person we serve, and supporting the families in our communities. Our programs include:
- Small Group and Individualized Residential Services: LEAP identifies a person’s age, interest, and activity level when deciding housing assignments to ensure appropriate and successful living arrangements. LEAP staff members then go into the homes or apartments and respectfully assist based on the individual needs and goals of the people we serve.
- Community Support Services: LEAP staff members enter homes throughout Maine communities and assist families and people with developmental disabilities to thrive in their immediate settings. In-home support is individualized based upon the person served and each family’s expectations.
- DREAM Respite Program: Both the people we serve and their families benefit from our respite program called DREAM (Diversified Respite Enrichment Activities Program). We encourage adults in the communities to socialize and be active while allowing their families personal time knowing their loved one is in a safe environment. DREAM is supported through fundraising efforts and United Way donations.
- Training and Referral Services: LEAP provides various trainings for staff, the people we serve, and community members at large. Our Training Committee is continually adding training opportunities for LEAP staff and local community members. Contact Training Coordinator Alfred Dufour at 860-4174 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org about current training opportunities or to obtain a copy of the upcoming training calendar.
LEAP’s trainings are open to local community members and other support staff in our area as space permits.
LEAP provides ongoing training in:
- The Maine College of Direct Support — Complete Modules
- First Aid/CPR
- Rights of Recipients
- Reportable Events
- The Mandt System®
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Sign Language
- And more